Thursday, 4 March 2010

Module one ch9


After employing with the cutwork method in the last chapter , we now have to use
reverse appliqué in traditional and contemporary methods.
First I made a sample of reverse appliqué using a star pattern and 3 layers of fabric.
This design was then translated into a traditional reverse appliqué like the
Molas
This sample has 4 layers and i started cutting the inside shape, and I first realized after I finished this little
sample that this didn‘t was reversapplqué but appliqué



Starting with same appliquédesign layering 5 fabrics and machine sewing from the outside line to the inside.
I used silk on the bottom layer than copper silk, cotton, brocat and another layer of cotton above. I have really took care to prevent cutting the next lower layer. Probably I had to use the larger spacing between the layers for additional stiching . I first saw this possibility now, during I write my power
point presentation.


After I had frayed some samples for the exercises of chapter 11 I once more started working on the little reverse appliqué samples and frayed some edges of two blocks. I like the result more in comparison
with the first one


The next sample is the same pattern but worked from the inside out. The edges are machine sewed . Again I took 5 layers of fabric . They were also a mix of silk, brocat and cotton




The next one is a star shape , worked in slashed reverse appliqué. I layered 12   fabric quarter on top of each other. It mad an effort to cut through the several layers without damaging the underneath layer.


Five layers with bobbin stitched The edges of some layers had been frayed


For the multicoloured ripple effect I used two different shapes to get a more
complex effect. The layers of the upper block were a mix with painted tissue paper,
cotton, brocat and silk


The worksheet of all blocks for chapter 9

No comments: