Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Module two ch6

Chapter 6
The tasks for the next chapter require the dyeing of fabric samples in different reservation techniques with cold reactive colors. For this I used EMO the Finnish textile colors. You have They has the advantage to Procion MX that they are offered in liquid form The colors are fixed by a fixing salt and normal saline.
My mixing ratio: 3TL pigment/100ml fixierliquid.The pigments dyed the cotton material "Bomull" from Ikea perfectly black. Somehow I remembered that some quilting friends were complaining getting not a pure black with the dyeing of their fabric. This experience I didn‘t have done with the Finnish colors. On the contrary, when I repeat the reservation technique again, I will apply the black color with a specific brush to get more bright surface. At best worked , the wrinkle, twist and then node.Christa Rolf says in her book of Twisten.I was also pleased with the staining result of the Indonesian schiboritechnik Tritik. The fabric is folded into an accordion and then sewed with the machine across to the folds.The fabric are pressed together in the seam area. For my monoprints I used the Finnish Sunprintfarben that are mixed with a printing emulsion The result of one day with dying fabrics:: beautiful batik patterns and black fingers despite the use of disposable gloves

                                                                      picture 1
The result of my first trial with a bleach pen on black coloured fabric

                                                                  picture 2
Various result of shibori: Tritk,Tie and Dye

                                                                  picture 3
The monoprints with sun printing colours on fabric

1 comment:

Ela Kreativ said...

Hi Maren,
du hast wieder super schöne Ergebnisse erarbeitet! Da wird sich die Lady auch freuen, denn man kann an deinen Arbeiten wunderbar die Tragweite der Aufabe erahnen.
Bewunderung meinerseits. Renate